This project shows how to create a setup for a local ENV with PHP POSTGRESQL REDIS in K8s that could be used for day-to-day development.
Kubernetes PHP POSTGRESQL REDIS
It is tested locally, but it can be used also for pipelines like the GitLab-ci, or using your own docker-registry or DigitalOcean / Heroku and tested in the cloud-like Azure, AWS EKS…
Working with helm charts/kustomization/docker-compose and recently mostly with GitOps in AWS in an awesome infra with Flux+CrossPlane+SOPS+Traefik+Calico, I’ll consider this project a basic project that shows a multi-approach to configure the KUBE environments. It is using the normal k8s base64 secrets but can be configured also with secret-manager/rotation.
In this project you’ll find few:
- Elementary BASH scripting.
- Elementary PHP scripting.
- Elementary Docker knowledge.
- Elementary Kubectl knowledge.
- Elementary Linux knowledge.
- Elementary Redis/NOSQL knowledge.
- Elementary PGSQL knowledge.
- How to build a docker image.
- How to use ConfigMaps / Secrets / Replica / envs
- How to use the networks and the persistent volumes.
The complete guide from the repo sites:
A similar project is here: